Hair Transplant Aftercare
Solutions to Follow after a Hair Transplant
Hair Transplant Aftercare – Many people seek hair transplant surgery to improve their looks. Head hair has a striking effect on the appearance and can help a person to look young. Moreover, this form of surgery is not only safe and cost-effective. It also provides long-term, goal-oriented, reliable results to treat baldness.
Some things to do after the surgery
Essential Hair Transplant Aftercare Kit: After surgery, it is important to have an aftercare kit ready to take care of the new hair. This kit ensures that hair remains intact and appears beautiful and renewed. The following items form a key part of the hair transplant aftercare kit:
• Antibiotic 500mg.
• Painkiller 500mg.
• Cleansing foam.
• Anti-swelling agent.
• Medical shampoo.
• Neck pillow.
• Eye mask.
• Patient’s file: instructions, guarantee, invoice etc.
During the procedure, you should cover your eyes and ears to keep these organs safe. Taking proper care of the hair after your transplant is sure to offer a lifelong guarantee of something that you will enjoy and love.
Things to avoid after hair transplant surgery
• Avoid exposing the scalp to direct sunlight: Direct sunlight contains harmful UV rays. Immediately after the procedure and for a few days afterwards, wear a protective article or cap when going outside.
• Try not to scratch or touch the operated scalp: During the first few days, you may feel a tingling, swelling or itching sensation on your head. Rubbing or scratching may cause the new grafts to come out before they have developed.
• Refrain from drinking alcohol for the first week after the procedure, since this can affect blood circulation in the head. Alcohol is considered to be among the major causes of hair loss in men and women.
• Avoid smoking: Smoking must also be avoided in the first two days after surgery since it could affect the circulation of blood to hair follicles present on the scalp. New hair development can only take place with adequate circulation.
• Refrain from participating in outdoor exercises, activities or sports for a week or so after the surgery.
• Avoid activities which lead to excess sweating. You must also avoid the sauna or steam shower for one month to avoid risking health issues.
• Avoid twisting around or bending consistently for the first week after surgery.
A hair transplant is an undoubtedly effective treatment for restoring lush hair to your head. Please, therefore, ensure you take proper care of your scalp after surgery.